Still stuck inside? Just in time for BRAWL!
What is BRAWL?
Brickfilm Rapidly All Week Long or BRAWL is a contest in which you have exactly one week to write, animate, edit, and submit a brickfilm. You can watch a quick overview video of the contest HERE.
Last year we tied the record for amount of entries, and with everyone stuck inside, there’s no reason we can get even more this year!
When Does BRAWL Start?
The contest will start June 20th, 2020 (00:00) BST (British Standard Time), and will end June 27th, 2020 (00:00) BST (British Standard Time). You will have exactly one week to finish and submit a film. Any entries not received by the end of one week time period will be disqualified.
A thread titled "BRAWL 2020 Starts NOW!" will be posted in the Contest & Festivals forum. The thread will contain the theme, MOD elements, and submission information.
- The entry must be entirely made and submitted in one week’s time. To prove this, one or both of the MOD elements must be present in every shot (with the exception of fifteen seconds, more information about that below) of your entry.
- Your entry must consist primarily of LEGO (or similar building-block toy) stop-motion animation. Live-action, CGI, hand-drawn, or other forms of film or animation may be used to supplement your entry, but stop-motion animation must be the primary focus.
- Your entry must consist of at least 30 seconds of stop-motion animation. There is no maximum time limit.
- No mature/explicit content is allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: swearing, excessive/gory violence, overt sexual content, and blatant drug references.
- You must not make your entry public until the deadline has passed.
The entry you submit to the judges must be the entry made publicly available to everyone else. You cannot create a version of your film that includes the mod element to send to the judges, and then publicly release a second version of your film that has the mod element removed.
- Use of copyrighted material (including music) is allowed. Use of copyrighted material will not affect the judging of your entry.
- Entries based off of previous copyrighted material (Star Wars, Marvel, Batman, etc.) are allowed, but discouraged. It could affect the judging of your film due to unoriginality.
- Because of the limited time frame and because this isn’t a music contest, you are allowed to use music created before the contest, either original music created beforehand or copyrighted music.
- Entries must clearly show the BRAWL 2020 logo for three uninterrupted seconds. High quality versions of the logo will be posted by the start of the contest. The logo may be inserted digitally.
For the full list of rules, mod elements, prizes, and to discuss the contest, please check out the topic on the forums!